Current practise is that waste is emptied at regular intervals. This method is one of the most inefficient way of waste collection as the trucks spend time picking up bins that are not anywhere near its full capacity. Other times a pickup might not arrive even after the bin start to overflow. If the bin levels could be monitored on a timely fashion, then the trash clearance could be planned and scheduled in a much better way. TIBS through its smart dumpster sensor could convert an existing dumb bin into a smart bin.
Smart Dumpster is a sensor module that can be retrofitted onto any existing commercial waste bins to make them smarter. It uses Ultrasonic sensors to sense the current waste level and pushes the data in real time to the cloud. It uses GSM technology to push data in real time. Sensor can also be customised to operate over NB-IoT or LoRa communication protocols. Data is processed in the real time analytics platform giving authorities first hand information on the actual bin status at any point of time.
- Easy to install
- GSM (2G/3G/4G)
- Maintenance free
- Secure communication
- Ultra Low Power Consumption
- Operating Voltage : 3.6V
- Power Supply : 3.6 V Li battery
- Detection range : Upto 7 m
- Operating temperature : -10°C to +70°C
- Accuracy : ± 1 cm
- Data Transmission Period : Upon Predefined Threshold(default)
- Antenna Types: Internal(default) or External(depend on request) Antenna
- Customize the sensor for Low Power Wide Area Network-LPWAN technology(LoRa) and NB-IoT
- Data Security: AES-128(optional)